11.04.2009

Apple Develpment Tools


Well, I know this blog is for Microsoft .NET technologies - but since I purchased a NEW Apple for the SOLE PURPOSE to try and supplement income by writing iPhone/iTouch applications - I will have to expand this blog's scope. It has been several years since I had touched Objective C. It has not changed too much, but there are some great resources online, and I bought a book written by Stephen Kochan called Programming in Objective C 2.0. The same book is available from Apple in PDF format - Objective C Programming Language. This is an excellent book, and with my C background its a breeze to pickup the language. So, this posting is about the plethora of development tools on the Apple Platform for n00bs (a MMORPG term).

  1. INSTALLATION
  2. How Do I Install Apple Developer Tools on My MACDave Taylor has a nice posting about how to install the development tools that come on the Apple Discs. This is for the truly n00bish! I mean, the disc is labeled, and any developer knows what they need - but I put it here for those that may need it (10 years from now when my mind is further gone I will come back to this posting, if I recall the URL!!)

  3. SOFTWARE
  4. MAC DEVELOPER PROGRAM
    Cant get the tools needed until you join this. I have had an ADC Membership for years, the free one - but now I have to upgrade to one of the packages that costs. At least it doesnt cost as much as the Microsoft MSDN Premiere subscription!!!

  5. XCode Development Tools
  6. To do programming on the MAC platform, all you really need is XCode.

  7. iPhone Development

  8. BLOGS

  9. Books
  10. Beginning iPhone 3 Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK by Jeff LaMarche

No comments: